Established to strengthen Harvard Ophthalmology’s international presence as a leader in eye care, vision research, and ophthalmic education, the International and Research Training Program (IRTP) is a positive and prosperous 20-month (minimum) training experience for international PhD and MD candidates and postdoctoral fellows.
Under the mentorship of participating Harvard Ophthalmology faculty members, IRTP trainees conduct basic science research on a variety of ophthalmology-related topics in an environment where exciting discoveries are made.
Students and fellows from all international academic institutions are welcome to apply.
Application Guidelines and Submission Instructions
Prior to completing an application, browse participating IRTP faculty to identify research areas of interest. Send completed applications to IRTP@meei.harvard.edu. A completed application is defined as a single PDF that includes the following materials in the order listed below:
- Letter of intent describing:
- Anticipated duration of training (2-3 years)
- Research experience and interests
- Proposed training objectives or any special requirements for completion of training (e.g. publication)
- Deadlines or documentation required by applicant’s country or university (if applicable)
- Three research areas or faculty applicant is interested in
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation. A letter of support from the Department Chair is encouraged.
- Proof of full institutional funding
- Proof of insurance coverage
Application Review Timeline
Applications are reviewed on a rolling submission basis. For qualified applicants, the IRTP Review Committee will contact Principal Investigators whose interests match with those of the applicant. If an investigator is interested, s/he will directly contact the applicant to initiate an offer.
|Neena Haider, PhD, Co-chair||Dong Feng Chen, MD, PhD, Co-chair|