The Harvard Medical School (HMS) Department of Ophthalmology is one of the leading and largest academic departments of ophthalmology in the nation. Formally established in 1871, the department is built upon a strong and rich foundation in medical education, research, and clinical care. Through the years, HMS faculty and alumni have profoundly influenced ophthalmic science, medicine, and literature—helping to transform the field of ophthalmology from a branch of surgery into an independent medical specialty at the forefront of science. Today, the department continues its legacy as one of the finest academic medical institutions in the world—teaching and mentoring future leaders, turning laboratory insight into cures, and bringing the fruits of its labors to patients' bedsides.
Latest Ophthalmology News
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting
- Comparing Diabetic Macular Edema Treatments
- New Book: Retinal Disorders
- Atlantic Coast Retina Club Meeting and Macula 2015 Conference
- Panel-based Genetic Diagnostic Testing for Eye Disease
- Mass. Eye and Ear Brings Femtosecond Laser Technology to Boston