The Harvard Medical School (HMS) Department of Ophthalmology is one of the leading and largest academic departments of ophthalmology in the nation. Formally established in 1871, the department is built upon a strong and rich foundation in medical education, research, and clinical care. Through the years, HMS faculty and alumni have profoundly influenced ophthalmic science, medicine, and literature—helping to transform the field of ophthalmology from a branch of surgery into an independent medical specialty at the forefront of science. Today, the department continues its legacy as one of the finest academic medical institutions in the world—teaching and mentoring future leaders, turning laboratory insight into cures, and bringing the fruits of its labors to patients' bedsides.
- Trainees Sweep NEOS Poster Contest
- Jennifer K. Sun, MD, MPH Recieves Physician Scientist Award
- Congratulations to Our Newest Alumni – Class of 2016!
- Priya Gupta Awarded RPB Medical Student Eye Research Fellowship
- Lotfi B. Merabet, PhD, OD, Receives Low Vision Research Award
- Honors and Awards Received in May 2016
- Selecta Biosciences obtains exclusive license to proprietary gene therapy vector from Massachusetts Eye and Ear
- High-power prismatic devices may further expand visual fields for patients with hemianopia