Harvard Ophthalmology is one of the leading and largest academic departments of ophthalmology in the nation. Formally established in 1871, the department is built upon a strong and rich foundation in medical education, research, and clinical care. Through the years, HMS faculty and alumni have profoundly influenced ophthalmic science, medicine, and literature—helping to transform the field of ophthalmology from a branch of surgery into an independent medical specialty at the forefront of science. Today, the department continues its legacy as one of the finest academic medical institutions in the world—teaching and mentoring future leaders, turning laboratory insight into cures, and bringing the fruits of its labors to patients' bedsides.
- November 2016 Awards and Honors
- Clinicians engage in three-day discussion on glaucoma and neuro-ophthalmology
- Investigators Share Research and Potential Applications for Eye Diseases at Ocular Regeneration Symposium
- AMD Symposium Facilitates Open Dialogue on Innovative Research
- 2016 American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting – Harvard Ophthalmology Highlights
- October 2016 Honors and Awards