Harvard Ophthalmology is one of the leading and largest academic departments of ophthalmology in the nation. Formally established in 1871, the department is built upon a strong and rich foundation in medical education, research, and clinical care. Through the years, HMS faculty and alumni have profoundly influenced ophthalmic science, medicine, and literature—helping to transform the field of ophthalmology from a branch of surgery into an independent medical specialty at the forefront of science. Today, the department continues its legacy as one of the finest academic medical institutions in the world—teaching and mentoring future leaders, turning laboratory insight into cures, and bringing the fruits of its labors to patients' bedsides.
- Congratulations to Class of 2017!
- David A. Sullivan, PhD, FARVO, receives the American Optometric Association’s Dr. Donald R. Korb Award for Excellence
- Lloyd Paul Aiello receives the 2017 JDRF Excellence in Clinical Research Award for Type 1 Diabetes Research
- Schepens Eye Research Institute of Mass. Eye and Ear Postdoctoral Training Program awards 2017 Best Scientific Papers by trainees
- Mass. Eye and Ear specialists perform first SMILE procedures to correct nearsightedness
- Samir Melki recieves Distinguished Service Award
- Reza Dana receives Senior Achievement Award from AAO
- 2017 NEOS poster contest winners